Thursday, July 9, 2009

The story of us

Well I've been pretty sick since the weekend, and have not really got out much, so I kinda don't have much to say. I checked where my blog traffic is coming from, and it seems like a lot is coming over from the ladies at my awesome forum (Hi FBL ladies!! *wave*) and I know how much they love stories, so i figured I would share the story with all of you of how I meet my awesome hubby, and how we came to be Mr and Mrs. And those of you who know it....well hear it again *lol*

It all started way back when I was 17 (god that feels a lifetime ago). I had just moved back to Brampton after living in Burlington with my ex-boyfriend for a little over a year. I was hanging out with my friend (Shels from my commentary actually) and we had just walked into the food court at Shoppers World. We sit in our normal spot, and Shel starts waving to this guy across the way at mmmmuffins (I can't belive I still remember that!) Here's how the conversation went

me: who's the hottie in the leather jacket?
Shels:what hottie
Me: that guy, over there, with the leather jacket and the long hair...who is he??
Shels: him?? That's Rainman (name changed cause my hubby likes his privacy)
Me: oh my god...he's so hot...and he's coming over here! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!
Shels: Krissy, it's rainman. He's not hot...he's like my brother! EW!
Me : you don't want to know what I'm thinking then! *lol*

So Mr. Extreme hottie comes and sits with us and shel makes the introductions. This may be a good place to mention that I am extremely shy when I meet people for the first time. Like can't speak and turn 6 shades of red shy. Yeah, you know the color of a DuMaurier cigarette pack? That's the shade right there. Very sexy, don't you agree?

Somehow, despite me wanting to crawl under the table and die the hottie seemed to like me. We went for coffee later, and I got to know him better. Turns out he's a sarcastic smart ass, just like me. He got my humor (not easy might I add) and even asked me to go out with the group to the bar later.

Fast forward to the bar. I'm a complete and utter wreck. Shel tells me he likes me, and he's going to ask me out at some point. So now I wait. Night goes on and were drinking and talking, and after what felt like forever he asks me to dance. As were dancing (and if I live to be 100 I will never forget this moment) to Blue Rodeo "Try" he asks me, and I can quote exactly what he said here, because it was forever etched on my heart "would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend" How can a girl say no to that??

We closed down the bar (or damn close to it) and went back to shels place. At some point (after clearly about 10 to many) I tell Mr Dream hunk (please note I've known him all of maybe 48 hrs and we've been dating all of 3) "I love you. And you may not know it now, but one of these days you're going to love me, and you going to marry me"....ah so that's why they call it liquid courage!

Clearly with a statement like that things didn't go so well. I was a very messed up 17 yr old with a lot of baggage to sort through, and so not easy to deal with. It lasted about 2 months. I'll spare you the gory details of the breakup, and ensuing chaos. It's enough to say we both went our separate ways, but remained friends. We would have never admitted then but we still cared for each other, and if anybody messed with him they had me to answer to, and vise versa.

Life went on, and I wasted 6.5 yrs with Mr. Very Wrong. Within 6 months of that ending the Shels sent me an email, with Dream man's numbers and told me he had asked about me, and I should call. Old nerves kicked in, and it took some very awesome friends to talk me into calling (If your reading this Jen R-L THANK YOU!!) I finally did, and when he called me back I almost died. We met up at yorkdale mall the following Monday (Jan 10 2006) and we have honestly been inseparable ever since. I moved in with him on our 5 month anniversary and never looked back.

So that's it. That's the story of us. We got married on October 25, 2008 in front of you dearest friends and family. Of course Shels was there. She had to be! And the bonus was I always have proof that I was right about something! I even told him so as we we're walking out of the chapel as man and wife.

If you made it through this whole thing, congrats! It's a long story, but it's all true, and just writing it makes me smile.
G'night all!

1 comment:

  1. You left out the joy of the way we finished off that lovely first date baby... or at least how we left the bar.

    Anyone else recall dumping mint scented urinal patties, fresh from the urinals, into the front seats of that gaudy white Jeep YJ, with the top down, parked over the Handicapped space at the front door? And before anyone says anything, the driver was not handicapped... physically at least... and I'm not sure if being a douche is considered a disability yet.


    Ahhh memories

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Put it here!

 
The World According to Krissy - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger